Here at Carter House Copy, we LOVE a good listicle. And we mean LOVE.
Why? Because bulleted lists:
- combat information overload
- are more pleasing to read
- are easier to share
Did you enjoy that mini-listicle about why we love listicles? 😉 Lists are appealing to a wide range of audiences due to a number of components, but what we hear most often is how easy they are to digest. Listicles are here to help readers, well, read!
But, in order to actually get your reader’s eyes on the list, you have to draw them in somehow. (Spoiler Alert: Bullet points followed by five lines of copy will NOT do the trick for your readers.) Instead, you need to take a strategic approach when writing your lists. Here are 6 sexy ways to write lists people will read.
- Keep your content length similar on each bullet point. This makes it easier for the reader to skim and comprehend. Remember, an overwhelming list is nobody’s friend! 📝
- Introduce your list with a short, punchy lead. 👊 Every list needs an intro, or else it’s just bullet points with no context! Use this to grab the attention of your audience.
- Don’t use sub-bullet points. This creates crowded content that will deter your audience. We’ll make it simple: Sub-bullets = not sexy. 👎
- Your bullet points don’t have to be full sentences! They can be as short as you need. Focus on getting your point across in a clear and concise manner.
- ❗️BULLETED LISTS DON’T HAVE TO BE BORING❗️While your focus may be informational, using short, quippy language to convey your message is a must.
- Wrap up your list with a direct and action-packed CTA. You have a solid introduction, your main point through a list, now all you need to do is tie it up in a bow. 🎁
Well, there you have it. 6 sexy ways to write lists people will read. Listicles are your friend, just make sure you’re executing them the best way possible!
Did we leave you wanting more?
Want free tips, tricks, resources, and strategies JUST LIKE THIS to help you work smarter not harder and make GREAT content?
Drop your email below to get on our list we’ll send you our bi-weekly newsletter jam packed with tips just like this 👇👇👇 (Or if you’re ready to work with us — you can click HERE.)
October 22, 2021